I always had an interest in photography. My father built his own black and white enlarger and printed his own black and white photos .I worked for a time as a photographer's assistant while pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering. My engineering career came first with photography second.
With the purchase of a new digital SLR camera for the Christmas of 2008, my interest in photography turned into a passion as I discovered almost a new way of capturing images.
Inspired by the work of Ansel Adams I strive to capture uncommon images of nature. I try to view the flowers and wildlife around me in a way that others might not. In this way help people appreciate the incredible beauty around them.
- First place, Insect Category, Fort Collins Senior Center Art and Craft Show - 2009
- First place, Floral Category, Fort Collins Senior Center Art and Craft Show - 2008
- Selected for Art for Conservation contest. The selected entries will be used for City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Program for it's informational, eduction and promotional programs. My photo, "Sunset at Running Deer", can be seen in the poster at the trail head of the Running Deer Natural Area in Fort Collins - 2008
- Cameo selection for the 9NEWS Weather Calendar for 2010 (June) and 2009 (March)
- Selected for the Art Center of Estes Park 'Lines into Shapes' art exhibit and sale - 2008